Archive of Interleaf materials
Seybold reports about Interleaf
SEC submissions, etc.
Copied from bitsavers
If you have other documents that might be scanned and posted here, please email email@example.com
Seybold Report on Publishing Systems
Thank you to the Joss Group (www.thejossgroup.com) for permission to post the following three documents (from among many stories relating to Interleaf).
Thank you also to Frank Romano of the Museum of Printing in Haverhill, MA (museumofprinting.org), from whose collection of Seybold reports the above documents were scanned.
Other public documents
Materials copied from bitsavers
- 1981 about the Etude system from which the Interleaf system was originally derived
- 1981 paper on the implementation of Etude
- 1981 Etude and the folklore of user interface design
- 1985, Is what you see enough to get? A description of the
Interleaf Publishing System, by Robert Morris: Protext II, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Text Processing Systems, J.J.H. Miller editor, Boole Press, Dublin, 1985, pp. 56-81.
- 1986 paper on the Interleaf User interface by Robert Morris: Protext III, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Text Processing Systems, J.J.H. Miller editor, Boole Press, Dublin, 1986 pp. 20-29.
- 1987 paper on Font Matching with Flexifonts by Mellinger and Nitchie: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Text Processing Systems, pp. 111-117.
- 1987 paper on Designing a Raster Image Processor by Barrett and Reistroffer: Byte Magazine, May 1987, pp. 171-180.
- 1987 announcement of first five Fellows
- 1989 top level organization chart
- 1989 press release: Interleaf exists turnkey systems business
- 1990 paper by English et al. on An Extensible. Object-Oriented System for Active Documents: Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronic Publishing, Document Manipulation, and Typography, 18-20 September 1990, Gaithersburg, MD, pp. 263-276.
- 1993 press release: Interleaf 5 is a 1992 "product of the year" according to the Japan Association of Graphics Arts
- 1992 interview regarding Interleaf 5 for a Japanese magazine.
- 1993 paper by Morris et al. on A constraint-based editor for linguistic scholars
- 1994 paper by English and Tenneti on Interleaf active documents
- Product chart likely from mid-1996
- Additional notes and references for Annals anecdote published in 2020.